''I will live as a writer who keeps alive the music of the language, holds head and heart together in the words, and writes in hope and passion that one person will be better because he or she reads what I wrote'' - The Liz Manifesto

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

1 year old and formula milk

Amsyar has turned 1 year old 5 days ago. It's amazing how time just flew by. I think I deserve a reward for all the hard work and sleepless nights, for puree stained shirt, don’t you think so Mr. Husband?

My pediatrician suggested that I start supplementing Amsyar with fomula milk. I am racked with guilt because the pressure to breastfeed is so strong. Because I really want to work and most daycare doesn’t take frozen breast milk, I then bought Enfalac Hypoallergenic (HA) milk as prescribed by my ped. When Amsyar turned 1 year and 2 days, I introduced him to bottle feed. I dropped about 3-4 drops on his mouth to make the taste familiar. He rejected it on the spot (because HA milk is little bit more bitter than the normal). He was scratching his face 1 minute later due to allergic reaction with his lips swollen. I was panicked. Thank God the swollen only lasts for 10 minutes. He cannot tolerate that milk so I need to switch to different one.

No comments: