''I will live as a writer who keeps alive the music of the language, holds head and heart together in the words, and writes in hope and passion that one person will be better because he or she reads what I wrote'' - The Liz Manifesto

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Breastfeeding rocks!



My husband bought me this Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump With Backpack when I was still 7-8 months pregnant. I breastfed my baby as soon as he was born. The first 6 months, I have an overabundant supply of milk. Amsyar often choke and cough during feedings. I then pump my milk and keep it frozen. The swelling from overly supply was really uncomfortable. There was a time where I could pump 20 ounces of milk per interval. Seriously, it can be this many. Since Medela pumps both breast at once, expressing milk is pretty quick and efficient, I can finish in 10-15 minutes. I love this pump because it is travel friendly, and it has a quiet motor that lets you express discreetly. So it does not disturb your baby when he asleep and I express next to him. 

Amsyar is turning 11 months in one week and still exclusively breastfed. When I say exclusively, it means no formula milk. Mother's milk is ultimately the best source of nutrition for a new born baby, So I highly support breastfeed :)

No comments: