Sunday, December 25, 2011
Today, is our second wedding anniversary. Happy wedding anniversary my love. Thank you for being the perfect husband anybody could ask for and the world’s greatest daddy. Thank you for being so patience with me. I know I acted irrationally sometimes but you still treat me like queen of the universe. When I was pregnant and my hormone goes up and down like a roller coaster and crazy maniac, I know it is difficult for you to put up with my craziness but you never let me down every time I ask for a back massage.
Today, Amsyar is 10 months old, thank you for taking care of Amsyar, bathe him, wash his poo and feed him when I desperately need a rest.
Today, you have pampered me with full body massage and facial treatment at Sembunyi Spa, Cyberjaya Spa & Resort. Thank you love for this wonderful treat. I had an amazing time. The sauna was the best part of all. I feel like 5 years younger. This is what I wanted the most and you have fulfilled it.
Today, for the first time I leave Amsyar under your care all by yourself for 3 hours. I know you are tired from driving and don’t get enough sleep from yesterday’s activity but you neither moan nor complaint. I am so proud of Amsyar as well because he doesn’t cry at all. You both are my strengths to live.
I could never ask for more, thank you for everything.
Saturday, December 24, 2011
Ok I have bought a new handbag from Parkson One Utama today, this is the picture. I am not sure what brand is this handbag, but for sure it is not Coach. This handbag was placed at XOXO brand section, but the brand tag inside the handbag says otherwise. Anyways, it is not that expensive, it just RM100++.
What do you think of this handbag? Do you like it?
Thursday, December 22, 2011
My husband bought me this Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump With Backpack when I was still 7-8 months pregnant. I breastfed my baby as soon as he was born. The first 6 months, I have an overabundant supply of milk. Amsyar often choke and cough during feedings. I then pump my milk and keep it frozen. The swelling from overly supply was really uncomfortable. There was a time where I could pump 20 ounces of milk per interval. Seriously, it can be this many. Since Medela pumps both breast at once, expressing milk is pretty quick and efficient, I can finish in 10-15 minutes. I love this pump because it is travel friendly, and it has a quiet motor that lets you express discreetly. So it does not disturb your baby when he asleep and I express next to him.
Amsyar is turning 11 months in one week and still exclusively breastfed. When I say exclusively, it means no formula milk. Mother's milk is ultimately the best source of nutrition for a new born baby, So I highly support breastfeed :)
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
So I am in dilemma again, I really want to work by next year, when Amsyar is one year old. I have to contribute something to this family, my family financial boat is sinking and I am going to drown. But too many thoughts are in my head right now, like ...
- Who wants to look after Amsyar? daycare? nanny? In house maid?
- Is he going to be ok living with another person?
- Can he adapt to new situation?
- Where can I find a good daycare or nanny?
- Will they feed my baby on time?
- Can they keep him neat and tidy and maintain his basic hygiene?
I think I just pointed out the reasons that stopping me from going to work, Well yes, I don't trust people. I am sure every mothers out there would feel the same. But if I really want to work, I have to do this, Oh my this is so effing worrisome!
Sunday, December 18, 2011
Friday, December 16, 2011
I’m not being a busybody or what but... last night about ten-ish when I was about to leave the house to supermarket I noticed two of my neighbor’s house opposite mine were lights off. Both of thy neighbors were standing outside of their house. One of the neighbors was playing an arrow helicopter novelty toy (the one that can fly out high when you release the rubber band) with his wife and their dog. While the other one was having a beer gathering with his friends. I want to ask, why don't you turn on the lights? and why do you play and drink in the dark? tell me please I want to know!! Or anyone out there care to explain to me these odd behaviors?
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Ya Allah, Ya Rahman, Ya Rahim
Thank you for all the blessings and happiness you have poured upon me and my family. Thank you for letting me live this day, letting me breathe the fresh air, letting my blood runs in my body. Please guide me to the right path and make me a good mother to my children, a good housewife to my husband and a good daughter to my parents. Amin.
Monday, December 12, 2011
Today is Monday and already the 12th day of December. The countdown for New Year 2012 is around the corner. Last year at this time, I was 7 months pregnant, its incredible how time flies. Think about the things you do in the past. What have you achieved so far? Are you there yet? Or are you disappointed you haven’t been as successful as you thought you would be and things didn’t go as it planned? Is your financial and health in good shapes?
Okay I have to admit that I have been through not too much but just a little bit of emotional wreck lately. So just bear with me and ignore this post.
Sunday, December 11, 2011
Today I cooked Asam laksa and bubur durian. Ok I lied, my husband cook the bubur durian. Those who doesn't know, Laksa is a traditional food from Peranakan culture which is a merger of Chinese and Malay elements. I used fresh mackerel fish that I bought early this morning from Pasar Tani. The fish is poached and then flaked to make the gravy. I added daun kesum, ginger buds, blended dried chilies and dried slice of tamarind fruit to get the sour flavor. As for the noodle, I used thick ones. Some people like better with thin rice noodles, it’s up to individual really. For the garnishing, I sliced a cucumber, onions, red chilies, boiled eggs, leaf lettuces and lime.
Bubur durian therefore is much easier to cook…
8-10 durian flesh (I don’t remove the seeds)
500ml coconut milk
2 pandan leaves
½ teaspoon salt
- Pour the coconut milk into the pot
- Add in the sugar and durian flesh
- Add in the salt and pandan leaves
- (Add water if the bubur dries up)
- Stir thoroughly over medium heat
- Ready to serve and eat with glutinous rice or bread
Monday, December 05, 2011
Thursday, December 01, 2011
I try to vary Amsyar's menu everyday. He eats twice a day and BF milk in between. Since he has got eczema, allergic to certain foods and lactose intolerance so it is kind of hard to cook his meal. That by not of his fault made him a fussy eater.
I added a chicken into his puree last time and he ended up having a scaly red patches on his body - that is eczema and it is itchy. So far, he only eats vegetables and fruits based puree. I add with little dried anchovies, tofu and a fish to variety the taste sometimes.
Then comes the battles during mealtimes, it is for me the most stressful aspects in parenthood. It can be tiring to make your baby sit up and eat his meal. Below are my personal strategies how to cope with Amsyar during these stressful mealtimes.
1) Try to stay calm. Don't put pressure on your baby to eat the food you want him to eat. They will also make a mess on your table and on the floor. Put a bib on to avoid his clothes from getting dirty and place a splash map on the floor to make cleaning up easier.
2) Let him chew his food slowly. Baby takes time to eat and chew his food. Some babies chew with their gums, but apparently Amsyar swallow them all yet still take forever to finish.
3) Eat together whenever possible. Join in! he will learn that meals are sociable and fun.
4) Sing a song and make silly faces. Make eating fun! I don't know if it is just me or other parents out there have to actually sing to make their baby eat their food.
5) Eat and taste his food. This strategy works! I let him see that I am eating the same food that he's eating. You know baby loves imitating you.
6) Change the venue of meals occasionally. This could be in the dining room, in the kitchen's table, in front of Tvs, on the floor, or even in his walker. I introduced Amsyar to highchair when he can fully supported his back. He seems to enjoy being higher up and see what is around
7) Do not give the same recipe to your baby over and over again. He probably become bored and refuse to eat it after a while.
8) People say toys, TV and music distracts baby?, well not for Amsyar. He eats with all these so-called distractions around him.