''I will live as a writer who keeps alive the music of the language, holds head and heart together in the words, and writes in hope and passion that one person will be better because he or she reads what I wrote'' - The Liz Manifesto

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Summer break - MOSCOW

I applied 2 weeks leave for Eid. I went to visit my parents in Moscow. Again this time, I puked all the way in the plane 5 hours. Moscow is a beautiful city. It was summer but cold at that time. My other siblings went there as well. It was kind of like family gathering for us since we are all over the place, I'm in Abu Dhabi, my parents are in Moscow, and my other siblings are in Malaysia. It was nice to see them. The first wonders I saw in Moscow was Yuri Gagarin statue – (Yuri Gagarin was the first man who went to the space). The wonderful statue was placed about 10 minutes from my parent’s house. Second wonders was the famous seven sisters building, you can see all of them through observation point. We visited many historical & tourist attractions places like Saint Basil's Cathedral & Kremlin in Red Square, Monument to the Conquerors of Space, Arbat Street, Moskva River, Izmailovskaya and many more. Special thanks to those who tourguided and helped us translating and communicating with the locals due to language barrier. As for Eid, we just went to Malaysian embassy for Eid prayers and they served traditional foods for breakfast later. 2 weeks are just not enough!





No comments: